Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Bogota Life in the Dream House Week 2

Back again homies! My P Days alternate between Tuesday and Thursday just in case you care, so sometimes I go 5 days between emails and 10 days between others. So ya this week has been pretty great but also pretty sad. On the up side I wasnt 'randomly' selected to give a talk this week which was a blessing! The president of the MTC 'randomly' selects missionaries to give talks each Sunday after everybody prepares for one, so we dont know until we get to sacrament meeting. I got in trouble a few times this week by him, once for whistling which is not allowed, and once for being in someones room past bedtime, a rule which makes sense but I didnt know of. Sorry for not adding apostrophes, this keyboard is literally in Spanish. But ya, not talk in sacrament which is HOLLA. Spanish has been going really well for me! I'm kind of a perfectionist when I speak so I don't say very much, but I'm able to help my district bros which is very cool. 


So here at this MTC we get a shipment of homies every 2 weeks, since white people are here for 6 weeks there are 3 groups of us, one on weeks 1/2, one in week 3/4 and one in 5/6. There is only one group of Latinos at a time since they only stay for 2 weeks. So yesterday was the last day for lotsss of people here. I had to say goodbye to all the Latinos, and the group of white Nortes who were very silly. Tomorrow we will have 5 more Nortes and like 40 more Latinos. I had to say goodbye to my roomies Elder Campos and Elder Baranzueta which was sad. They were such genuine nice guys, I loved em. 

The weather here in Bogota is amazing, it's constantly between 70 and 80 degrees night or day. The sun comes up at 6 and goes down at 6 every day. There are these cute little birds with cute orange beaks that are eeeeeeek! The food is getting slightly better. I can actually tolerate eggs now SURPRISE WHOEVER DOUBTED ME! Beans are on my to do list but idk, they look like garbage. I swear for meals they just throw random stuff together. Like for lunch we'll, for example, have rice, chicken, bacon, and potato chips, in a bowl. It's not like Mexican food at all. 
Today we got to go to the temple again, woo! And they we did something called 'going on tour' where we basically spent most of the day going around the city and seeing cool things! So we started by going to Monsarat which is a super cool mountain that overlooks the whole city of Bogota! This place is friggin huge! The elevation up there was about 3,200 meters which is pretty spooky, basically cloud city. Before going up we found a llama and took pictures with it, his name was Lucas. We took a sketchy tram go get to the top and up there my companion was swarmed with girls to take pictures with him, he's okay looking I guess. I had to protect him obviously. Then after that we went back down the sketchy tram on the roller coaster tracks and went to the city to buy some stuff. Basically downtown Bogota is insane. The drivers, like I have explained are nuts. There are no rules. Walking down the street is like smoking a pack of cigarettes, its pretty smoky. We all bought Jerseys for the Colombian national team for about $10 each. Today there was actually a game going on while we were in the city so every place with a TV was packed and a cop was outside each of the buildings to be sure everyone behaved. Colombia was losing to Argentina so people were angry. People here wear their jerseys like garments.

Class is going well, me and Elder Hatch are pretty good buddies, we try to stay out of trouble! It's such a spiritual place here I love it! Peace out, love you all.



To Mom: Elder Ralphs is from Idaho, and he really sucks at volleyball hahahaha, we always trash talk each other its amazing. The temple is pretty small. we went again today. We dont take any trips to the store but today we got to go downtown to buy some random souveneirs, i got a colombia jersey. There was a colombia game today and it was literally insane in the city, every store with a tv was filled and had cops outside it. I dont think I need anything really. I have lots of stuff compared to everyone else, lots of candy left. ya we have a pillow. They gave us like 5 hangers, but I was able to steal some from cabinets not being used since only 4 out of 6 beds are being used. Ya we got water bottles with filters. We cant do anything musical so no. Havent found anything we forgot to pack yet. Love you! time is so short! Learning so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment