Friday, November 27, 2015

Bogota Life in the Dream House Week 3

Heyo homies! Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you all have a good day with your fams! I write stuff down to mention in my letters, so sorry if this is all over the place. Last week I forgot to mention that we got to leave the MTC to go talk to people for an hour! That sounds like a long time, but I wish we had more, tomorrow we get to go for 3 hours! It was good though, talked to lots of people. People talk super fast which is obnoxious. I shook this guys hand and it was like touching the ground in AZ, so dusty. In our classes, which we have like all day, we have 3 different red books, a small, medium, and large one. So naturally the teachers here call them Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard. I think its like the funniest thing ever. We moved classrooms this week, luckily this room doesnt leak when it rains. The gym roof leaks when it rains which is cool, so we have to put out like 10 buckets to catch falling water, kinda sketch. Within 4 days of being in our new room, me and Elder Ralphs got moved away from eachother again... On Twitter before I left I said that I needed to learn how to say Rest In Peace and Skeleton in Spanish and Im proud to say that I accomplished that. 

OH YA I SAW A CAT TOO! IT WAS 11-19-15 at 4:45 PM during excercise time and I was running, ya surprise, and I saw a CUTE CAT EATING A DEAD BIRD. Never5get. Theres like a dog park right outside our fence so all we see all day is dogs which is obnoxious. Dogs are cool, but cats are so cute, oh my. The birds here are still super cute.
My district, including me, are going to sing Battle Hymn of the Republic, in Spanish, in sacrament meeting this week which should be cool! Latinos are very bad at singing lol. They also dont know what floss is or how to use it. Since I floss every day, they are very confused and will sometimes ask to try, but they will usually yell in pain once it goes inbetween their teeth. Its fun to mess with Latinos and try to get them to say words like Earl or zit, which they cant even begin to fathom how to correctly say. 

My new roommates are pretty cool, Elder Munoz is very serious and yells at people if they make noise in their room during bedtime. Some people have started jokingly started to call him Caesar, like from Planet of The Apes. Elder Hernandez is pretty cool, not much to say or complain about. 

Spanish is going well! I'm learning a lot, but it's hard to understand people that arent my teachers since most missionaries here think its so easy to understand their weirdo accents. Elder Hatch is progressing too! He likes to talk a lot, which is good, because I dont like to talk a lot. Elder Hatch is convinced this sister missionary is in love with him and is stalking him, but I think he needs to take a chill pill. 

Me and Elder Hatch have been struggling to not get in touble too. This week our district got in trouble for praying in a circle which was interesting, Ill let you all know if we're allowed to pray in a nonagon asap. We also wrote nice letters for people in our district and would give them to them with flowers, but the president was very angry, because he thought we were involved in 'secret combinations'.

Thats all from Bogota, love all you homies!


No comments:

Post a Comment