Monday, April 11, 2016

Lorica, Life with Another Gringo Week 22

Don't really have a lot of time to write so I'll try to keep this email short. The week was good as always homies.
No rebels this week! That's always a good sign. 

The word for to marry (casarse) and to hunt (cazar) are basically the same, and I don't think it's a coincidence. 

The past 2 months we've been working a lot with a young lady named Edubijes, and she has never wanted to get baptized. She told us she had a testimony and loved the church and everything, but didn't want to commit to a baptismal date. This week in a visit, she sat us down and said "Chicos, I gotta tell you guys something..." And immediately I was so scared, like I thought she was gonna tell us that she didn't want us to come by anymore! She continued,"I've been praying a lot recently with a lot of faith about baptism, and I decided that I want to be baptized as soon as possible, I know I need to." It was an awesome feeling. She has a baptismal date for the 23rd of this month and I'm so excited for her. 

We have 3 other investigators who have baptismal dates for the upcoming 2 weeks, so hopefully everything goes well with them!

Something that Idk if I have mentioned before about this branch in Lorica, is that there are no families. There isn't a single family who is sealed in the temple, have children, and live in their own home. There are families who have some of these characteristics, but none that have all 3. These kinds of families are very common in the US and my home ward in particular. Before coming here I didn't understand the importance of having real families in wards to help them out, but now it's clear how essential they are. It's not Thanksgiving season, but it's always time to remember how blessed we are. 

Love you all, have a good week. 

Picture is of me and a picture of me that an investigator, Laura, drew!












No comments:

Post a Comment