Monday, April 25, 2016

Robledo, Medellin, Life in a Beautiful Place Week 24

Welcome to the beautiful city of Medellin! Full of beautiful trees, beautiful people, beautiful parks, beautiful weather, beautiful people, a beautiful accent, and more beautiful people, its the best! I really need a thesaurus tho, jeez :/
But for reals, this city is perfect! The weather here actually allows us to leave the house and not die of a heat stroke immediately. 
The city of Medellin, of which my mission is named after, is broken up into different communities. I am currently in the community of Robledo. The topography of Robledo can be described simply as a 45 degree angle. My area just goes straight up the mountains. Medellin is built directly inbetween two mountains so as it expands, it has no where to go but up the sides of these mountains. It's good though! My butt has gone from like a 6 to like an 8 in the past week! Im excited to see if I can get up to a 10 before I leave!
My new companion, Elder Welling, is a great guy! Out of my 4 companions in the mission so far, I have had two from Florida, one from Alaska, and finally one from Utah! Excited to have another gringo companion!
The work in this area is very slow. There hasn't been a baptism here in over a year, but I'm excited to see what we can do together! 
This week we met a man on the street who spoke English perfectly. He walked up to me, shook my hand, and goes, "Wassup, what's your name." Without thinking I immediately say,"Jayden, what's yours?" All in English. It was a little weird. At this point I realized that Ive never actually introduced myself as Elder Dawson in English. 
Today is my companions birthday so we went to Krispy Kreme in downtown Medellin which was a well deserved trip! We also went to a nerd restaurant where they sold all sorts of Game of Thrones things! So much nerd hype! 
We saw a guy on a bike run a red light this week and he got SMASHED by a taxi! He flew like 20 feet, but then got up and said sorry to the taxi. Friggin Colombians. 
My first night here I wore SWEAT PANTS AND A JACKET TO BED! I was SO COLD! 
Pic 1: Welling and I at Krispy Kreme (They sell a bunch of weird Colombian stuff too)
Pic 2: The view from Robledo

Welling and I at Krispy Kreme (They sell a bunch of weird Colombian stuff too)

The view from Robledo

No comments:

Post a Comment