Monday, July 18, 2016

Pereira, Life in the Rain Week 36

It rains a lot here, but knowing my luck, it won't rain this whole transfer and the title of my email will be irrelevant. 

Elder Gallardo left on Wednesday, it was sad, but I know he'll do well in the coast. I know the two missionaries who are going to my first area in Lorica, so I gave one of them letters for a bunch of people. It was super cool to write letters of support to the converts I had in Lorica, Marly, Luis Jose, Edubijes, and Laura Flores. 

My new comp Elder Saez got here Wednesday as well. He's 22 and from Lima Peru (Perusalem) (There are SO many members in Lima Peru if you weren't aware) But things have been good so far. His accent is interesting. He talks in a deep voice, that's the only way I can describe Peruvians.
 
The work here in my area is slow. We changed the limits of our area so that we don't have to take any buses. So we gave up half of our area where all of our investigators were to get half the area of the other missionaries, but we didn't receive anything from them haha. It'll be hard to get going with new investigators and things like that, but I know my new comp is really good at that stuff. We have already found new people to teach and help though! Yesterday we found a really cool family. Originally we were just going to go there to help out two kids with English, but then the parents joined us and we started talking about what we do as missionaries. 

I bought an Ukulele this week and we make our neighbors even more mad muahaha.

I'm actually so white. Everyone comments on it because they're so confused how its even possible to be this white. 

I met an Elder Weber this week and he lives in Power Ranch. I literally know where that neighborhood is. Spooky stuff. I'm pretty sure that's my stake actually....

Elder Gallardo left us his Risk board and we thought, you know, it would have the risk pieces in it, but we were wrong and Elder Gallardo bamboozled us from many miles away. 

Love you all! Have a good summer week! 

Photo 1. Me and Elder Saez
Photo 2. Me on a rock 

Me and Elder Saez

Me on a Rock


No comments:

Post a Comment