Thursday, July 28, 2016

Pereira, Life in the Rain Week 37

I bought an umbrella this week! It was a pretty good purchase.

Well I hope everyone had a good week! Mine was better than last week. Theres' still a lot of work to do in this area, but were slowly making it better. 

Steps if you don't have a job in Pereira. 1. Buy Avocados from any store. 2. Sell them door to door because EVERYONE wants avocado for lunch. 3.(Optional) Say: Its an avocado, thaaaaanks! 

I am the English leader in the zone, which basically means that I'm in charge of verifying with people if they're studying and learning English. Something fun that we have started to do is that from 10-10:30 when we're getting ready to sleep, we all speak English. If someone talks not in English, we pretend to not hear them. We´re all learning a lot about English! There are so many things that we say in English and I try to explain them and I sound like an idiot. Like the difference between ¨I have one sister.¨ and ¨I have a sister.¨ Because they both translate to the same thing in Spanish, so they have a hard time understanding crud like that. 

We have 7 days to leave our house because our landlord says were too noisy and he doesn't like us. So this week we looked for tooooons of houses, but it's a struggle because the house has to have two bathrooms. Houses in Colombia never have two bathrooms. We found houses with like 6 bedrooms and one bathroom. Blargh. 
Not much else, tons of work tho! 

Love all of you guys lots! Hope you have a good year! ðŸ“£

No comments:

Post a Comment