Monday, January 25, 2016

Lorica, Life in the Hot City Week 11

Heyo homies hope everyone is doing good!


It's the first day of a new transfer and me and Bigelow are staying together which should be tons of fun! Things were good this week! We did have a hopeful progressing investigator fall through because her mom said that she couldn't be baptized, which is unfortunate, but we found lots of new people to teach! There was a worldwide missionary broadcast this week where we (Elder Bigelow) were expecting them to say that all missionaries with 18 months completed could go home. But it was better than that! They talked a lot about the importance of teaching with our missionary purpose in mind and calling people to repentance. We also had six investigators attend Church with us this week which was super tight! The other Elders in the branch taught a class with all of them about agency and it was just great. 

I had a 30 second talk with this guy in my ward this week and he shook my hand 5 times. He just kept offering me his hand. Idk. 

During a lesson outside of someone's house this week someone walked by wearing clothes that looked like they just took a Twister board and sewed it up into clothing shapes. Needless to say I had to take a breather after seeing that one by walking around in the street for a while to calm down. 

This week I went on Exchanges with our district leader which was a good time! We went to a lunch where they gave me a fish, which I don't know how to physically eat a fish that looks like a fish and I didn't want to waste half the meat, or eat scales, so I told her that I didn't know how to eat it and she made me some eggs which were great.
We taught a lady who doesn't know how to read. I have a whiteboard so I just drew lots of pictures for her. Almost died, but its normal. Ya it was a good day with him! 

A scripture that I really like is found in 1 Ne 20:10 which says
10 For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
Big font, but ya this scripture is great. Everyone's furnace is different. Throughout our lives we will have many different furnaces, I know I have. One of them is right here in Lorica. The temperature is literally like that of a furnace. But I know that this furnace that I'm going through, will help me to be a better missionary. If any of you feel like you are in a furnace right now, realize that it's okay, the furnace is to refine you and make you into what The Lord wants you to be. 

Love you all and hope you have a good week!



To Dad:

Ya there's a zoo in Medellin that I'll have to go to when I'm there. In Monteria my friend went to a park where they have huuuge monkeys just chillin. Also tons of iguanas in Monteria. Here in Lorica there's not many animals. Oh ya there are capybaras which are crazy huuge! I didn't know that's what they were because here they're called chickweedas or something like that, idk how to spell in spanish haha. No one knows how to spell in Spanish, everyone forgets to add the h at the beginning of the word. When I went on splits this week we taught a lady who couldn't read. Love you lots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment