Monday, January 18, 2016

Lorica, Life in the Hot City Week 10

Heyo homies! Hope everything´s good with everyone.  This week was full of challenges that somehow through prayer, Elder Bigelow and I made it a good one. The hardest thing for me and my companion this week was that we had to be in a trio, with our roommate Elder Bravo, who we don´t really get along with all that well. 


We had a more than average number of people yell at us this week which was fun, Bigelow blamed it on Bravo, but it´s probably just chance. One old guy yelled at us and followed us for a bit asking us who the brother of Jesus was, using all sorts of obscenities.

Being in a trio was good because we got to visit all the people in both of our areas who are progressing, because we didn´t have a lot of time to do a lot else. So because of that we consistently had good lessons with good investigators who love to learn! 

Being in a mission outside the US is a little strange at times, because I've been a member for longer than most of the people in my branch I would guess. The Church is described here as 'being in diapers', which is really true, we have to teach classes, bless and pass every week, and be a good example to all the members like all the time. I don't know how to describe it other than like the members here are like Catholics, like they still do things that are Catholic. It´s weird. Of course I love the members here and I love serving them, but at times it´s hard to deal with their Catholic ways. 

My daily food rant today is about lots of stuff. Here there is no difference between ketchup and pasta sauce. So I was eating my pasta this week and was like wow, this doesn't taste good, this tastes like ketchup and noodles, because that´s exactly what it was. I try not to think about it too much. Two foods that I can not eat are salad and lentils. I just cant do it. I´m going to start telling people to not give them to me because I can't do any more lettuce/cucumber/onion mashup or lentils. Yesterday our lunch appointment cancelled on us so me and Bigelow made MAC and CHEESE! He had Kraft and I had this food storage stuff and oh my it was the best lunch ever. We also ate at this ladies house this week and she gave us ice cream, a true blessing.

A true miracle happened this week because Bigelow and I have two investigators who are awesome, but they both told us they wouldn't be able to come to church because of reasons out of their control. So we were all sad until at church they BOTH showed up! Now we have two progressing investigators who have learned so much and I'm excited to keep teaching them.

Last week the beach was amazing and our friend on the beach hooked us up with a place in the shade to sit. 

I love you all and I love this church, every time we share the first vision with someone I am just filled with joy to have the knowledge that I do about this church. Hope you all have a good week!

en Trio


To Mom:

Our church building is small. It has the chapel and a main classroom which have AC. The big room splits into 2 rooms. Then there's another un AC room where we have priesthood. The kitchen where youth meet. An unused bishops office which girls use and has AC. Then theres another bishops office and a secretaries office. Outside theirs a soccer court thing. Nah I don't need a scripture case for my Spanish scriptures. I don't get super burned, but sometimes I feel burned even though its hard to tell because I'm pretty tan now. They sell peanut butter at the store but its like $5, maybe ill try it soon with personal money. Ya theres lots of JW, they meet like the same times we do so we always see them walking thursday nights and sunday mornings. They hand books out to everyone. In our house we have a JW bible, which is in Castellano, not spanish (!), and a book that answers all of life's most important questions. We´re teaching a JW right now too, she's 18 and sups cool! She knows a ton about the bible and has been responding positively to the lessons and has TWO  church attendance's IM EXCITED! You need 3 before you can be baptized. My camera wont work in this computer, so I cant do anything with pictures today. Thanks for everything, love you lots! I got the package from Rich and Chrissy and my zone leader says he has 2 more for me at his house that imma get today lol. He has a small and medium one, the biggest one the assistants still gotta get out of the warehouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment