Monday, January 11, 2016

Lorica, Life in the Hot City Week 9

Heyo homies! Hope everyone had a good week! Things here are going fairly well, this week there were a few days where nothing got done because no one wanted to listen to us, but our prayers were answered and we've found 5 new investigators recently who seem cool! 

Food here is weird, I'll probably talk about food every week because it's a big deal for me. It's completely normal for a plate of food to have a salad, potatoes, rice, and spaghetti. Which are foods that we do not associate at all. But for them its totally normal. People will also give us big chunks of meat and only a spoon to eat it with... Apparently forks are only for rich white snobs. 

No trouble with dogs this week! But I was complaining about dogs today and Bigelow kicked a kitten. Idk if I'm going to be able to forgive him. 

Since Bigelow is from Alaska, being in this heat is VERY hard for him. Normally after walking in the sun for 15 minutes his shirt is drenched. I have a picture attached of what Bigelow looks like as soon as we walk into somebodies house. 2 fans right on him immediately. 

The other attached picture is of my plaque on the beach because I'm a professional photographer and the beach is SO NICE! We didn't go this week because we're poor people. We had to pay for a lot of stuff this week and we haven't got reimbursed yet. 

I forgot my agenda today so this email won't have everything that I wanted to mention in it. 
Bigelow stepped on a bird and killed it yesterday. We were leaving the house for church and he felt something hit his leg and fall on the ground so he moved his foot to where the things fell and we heard a loud crunch. So ya he's a bird murderer. 

Me and Bigelow get along great, he's a great guy.

Much love from Colombia, have a good week homies! 

To Mom:

Thanks for the letter! Love you lots. Dogs are terrible. Being here makes me hate them even more. For every dog that someone owns, there are 3 strays just roaming the streets being annoying. I don't need a buzzer thing. As much as I love packages, you don't need to send so many haha. I still haven't got any of them yet. But Bigelow says that the office people are gonna hate me if I get tons of packages. So I would wait a while before sending another. Ya its hot here. I took pictures of my clock that tells the time. At 9AM one time outside it was 105, inside at 10:30 at night its 90. I got a hair cut and everyone makes fun of me and says I look like a black person lol. Next time Ill let them know that short on the sides doesn't mean buzzed. I love you lots. Thanks for all the prayers. It means a lot. We barely have time to think about ourselves because we're so busy trying to help other people. At times we'll get home and just basically faint from exhaustion. If you ever see missionaries, please give them water, because chances are they don't have any and are dying of thirst, at least thats us every day. A lot of people cancel lunches with us, Bigelow says its because they're racist, but I think its because they're poor too. Usually we'll just buy something simple when we don't get lunch. I've probably lost weight. Before Bigelow got here, 6 weeks before I got here, the last time a gringo was in Lorica was over a year ago lol. We don't know exactly why, but we just assume that the people here don't like white people. Its hard sometimes. We work hard tho. We have found 5 new investigators in the last 3 days which is something we have really been praying for. 3 of the 5 live with members or next to members so hopefully they can start to progress. Jehovas witnesses here don't really like us haha. I think thats all I got, love you lots!

What Bigelow looks like as soon as we walk into somebodies house. 2 fans right on him immediately. 

A Colombian Christmas Tree.

Plaque on the beach in San Antero

At 9AM one time outside it was 105, inside at 10:30 at night its 90.




No comments:

Post a Comment