Monday, February 15, 2016

Lorica, Life in a Tropical Wasteland Week 14

Epa homies! Epa is a word I found in the dictionary this week and I think it means heyooo so Imma make it my Spanish thing. There's also a word in Spanish for the space between your eyebrows, entrecejo, neat-o huh?

Something weird here that I have maybe mentioned before is that everyone knows who John F Kennedy is... I remember going proselytizing in Bogota and some drunk guy was asking me questions about him because he was like my President at one point. Every city here also has a neighborhood named Kennedy. 

Last Monday we went to the beach with our friend Andreina and her son which was sups fun! We bought weird fish rice that tasted bad, chilled under some shade on the beach, and called some friends in our zone. This lady came up to us and asked for a massage, we said no, and then she started to massage Bigelow anyways for like 5 minutes. We watched Shrek 4 after our District meeting and it was probably the best one of the 12 Shreks there are right now or whatever...

I've been reading scriptures in Spanish recently and in the Bible it describes David as being blonde while in English it doesn't... Maybe I just suck at reading in Spanish, but I thought it was pretty comical. Sometimes we read talks in Spanish and they try to translate jokes and they just don't work. 

Something that is annoying is that Latinos are PARANOID by things that are plugged in. So when they leave the house they unplug EVERYTHING! Idk why, but its annoying.

Our Investigator Mileida is still going good. This week she had a problem with something that is said in the Bible and something we believe, but I think we got it figured out. She told me that she doesn't know what a quesadilla is which made me sad. 

We have another investigator who we've known for a while because she's the daughter of a lady that gives us lunch, but we didn't think she'd be interested in hearing us talk. So we never asked her to hear us, but one day she just told us that she wished she could get baptized, but she can't because she's a single mother. So we were like uhhhhh, ya you can get baptized! Apparently she was an investigator in another city for 7 months and now she's ready because she doesn't live with her boyfriend anymore, so hopefully everything goes well with that! 

Last week I can't remember if I mentioned that someone started their opening prayer in sacrament by saying, "good morning brothers and sisters". But it happened again this week. The apostasy continues...

Other than that not much is up. Hope you homies are being homies! Love you all lots






No comments:

Post a Comment