Monday, February 29, 2016

Lorica, Life in a Tropical Wasteland Week 16



Epa homies! Hope everyone had a good week and is doing just fine. 

This week we had our first baptism! I wish I could say that we did tons of stuff to prepare her for baptism, but we really didn't. She was an investigator in a different city for 6 months where she got all the lessons and a testimony and everything, she just didn't want to get married. So when she told us she wanted to be baptized, all she faulted was attendance at church, which she gladly did. Marly is an awesome gal tho, she's 21 and has a son named Axel who is 1. They're both super chill. The baptism was very small, but it was nice because she doesn't really like people (same tho). Teaching Marly was a great experience because it reminded me that none of our efforts are ever wasted as missionaries, even if we can't see the end results. 

I also got THREE packages this week THANKS MOM! I got a Christmas one, with Bob Ross socks, a peanut butter one, and a Valentine' Day one. They came with decorations, so I decorated my table in the house, even tho its almost March and not Christmas at all....

The 2 pictures are Me and Marly and Me in front of my table, in case it wasn't obvious. 

This upcoming week may be my last week with Bigelow which makes me sad, he's been the 2nd best dad I've ever had. 

We oinked at little piglets this week and they came over to us and OH MY they were adorable. 

We got our electricity bill and it cost 3x as much as the previous one... Psh, idc, we need our AC to survive.

My friend in my zone Elder Robison got pranked hardcore this week when his district leader told him he was getting an emergency transfer and had to pack all of his bags to leave asap. So he packed his bags, called us and said goodbye, went outside with all his bags to wait for the district leader to come help him take his bags to the terminal. But then his District leader called him at said it was just a joke. 

We were on a big bus that got stopped by the police to check everyones Identification this week! Bigelow didn't have his ID, so we just pretended to not speak Spanish and the cops left us alone. I coulda been Pablo Escabar's right hand man with my 3 packages filled with cocaine and they would have never even known! Perks of being a gringo I guess? 

When we were filling out a form for Marly for her baptism we needed to know the year her mom was born, so we asked her mom, Evelia, and she had no idea... No idea what year she was born... It was either 59, 60, or 61. Idk. 

Thats about all the stuff I got for this week! It was a good one! A member of the 70 (I think?) visited us which was tight. But ya, hope everyone has a good week! 

Me and Marly

Me and Christmas decorations from a package I finally got in March!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment