Monday, February 8, 2016

Lorica, Life in a Tropical Wasteland Week 13

Ayo homies! Not much happened this week, so this letter will be a little short. 


I figured out that bologna is cheap so I bought lots of that to eat. Food is something I think about a lot here. I started eating lots of bananas because they're 7 cents. We pay 250 pesos for a banana, but our district leader says the banana peddler is ROBBING US GRINGOS because bananas only cost 200 pesos, 6 cents. We just giggle at him. Someone else tried to feed me beans this week which again, didn't happen. A lady fed us cow liver which is possibly the worst kind of meat I've ever tasted. My comp Elder Bigelow just straight refused to eat it. 
Me and Bigelow have started to make french fries at night which is a good idea! They're super cheap and tasty! 
Bigelow's other son he trained was in our zone for a week so we had a family reunion, but then he left on an emergency transfer thing.

Our AC stopped working for 30 seconds, and we planned our funeral. 

We have been teaching the Rodriguez family a lot this week and they're awesome! They have a lot of questions and are progressing greatly. We visit them every day. Not a lot to say about them except our lessons go great. On Sunday we had them come to Church and this couple came as well who have been investigators for 2 years! We teach that couple too, mostly about the Book of Mormon because that seems to be their problem. 

I don't have a spiritual message because I forgot to think of one, but I love you all and hope you all have a great week!





Wadley is Bigelow's other son and he came to the our zone to finish my friend Robison's training! Super hype! So since Wadley is my brother then Robison, my bff from the MTC, is my nephew lol. So we took a family picture. But then Mckinley, the secretary of registros, went home. And Wadley was sent to the office. And Robison was sent to a different zone so now the family is dead and we're sad :(









To Dad:

If I sent you a letter and included American Cash in it would you be able to spend it?  Just thought that may be fun to get some cash to buy what you want with it....

The only store that accepts dollars is Panamericana, which is like an electronic/book store. People like to see American money tho so maybe that would be cool? I'm thinking about converting all my pesos into dollars so that if the rate goes up I can convert them back and be rich lol. It's either that or buy lottery tickets. But they like search through packages and letters that get here and they'll take money. Bigelow got money taken out of a package one time. It would be the most illegal thing in the US, but here its totally normal. We went to the post office to send a package for our zone leader the other week, and they opened it up right in front of us, took out some candy, and said, oops you're not allowed to send this. The package from Rich and Chris was opened and rifled through. So it wouldn't be a good idea to only send money. Thanks though haha! 

To Mom:

I do know about the zika virus! Ive just never seen it spelled out, so I didn't connect the words since I've only talked about it haha! I haven't gotten it yet, because the mosquitos barely bother me... Bigelow got it before I got here and he was sick for like 4 days where he stayed in bed during the day, cus it hurts if you're in the sun. People here think that the disease comes from the sun, so thanks for confirming what I thought that it comes from mosquitoes haha! Can't see the pics of the suckers, but maybe they're boom boom booms? Those are popular here. If you go to the Colombian store get any of the Hit juices cus they're so good! Hit Limon is great, but they discontinued it, so its super expensive, but whenever Bigelow finds it he buys it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment