Monday, October 10, 2016

Chinchina, Basically Sodom and Gomorrah, Week 48

There's a common joke here, What´s the difference between Sodom and Gomorrah, and Chinchina? Chinchina hasn´t been destroyed yet.


I´m alive. That´s the good part. Things are weird here. It´s like everyday is the weekend, and then the weekends are Christmas. And not normal Christmas. Colombian Christmas.

We have running water 6 days of the week which is a blessing.

Sometimes English confuses me when I try to help the Latinos. Like the difference between scratch and itch. Is there one???

I eat hotdogs and eggs everyday. 

It smells like coffee everywhere all the time because of all the coffee plants there are here in the city. 

This morning I ate a snickers bar and drank a Gatorade and it was literal freedom. 

This week a man came by our house and was looking for a direction, something that WE do a lot as missionaries. Whenever we are looking for a direction the first thing people ask for is who we are looking for, so we tell them, and the people tell us, ¨I don't know any of my neighbors¨. So Elder Cruz was helping this guy and Elder Cruz asks him, ¨Who are you looking for?¨ Even tho we don't know any of our neighbors. He has become full Colombian. 

I feel like I'm finishing the mission in 6 weeks because my comp, the district leader, and one of the zone leaders are ALL finishing. Trunk city.

One of my zone leaders, Elder Peña, had his bday this week so we went to a ¨Fancy´¨ steakhouse called Leños Gourmet! It was bomb and he bought us nice food. 

Pic 1 Lunch
Pic 2 The dead man, plus Manizales is cold as crappp so ft. sweaterplussuit
Love you homies lots ⛲


Lunch


The dead man, plus Manizales is cold as crappp so ft. sweaterplussuit


Chinchina is good! temp is a little hotter, but rn with the hurricanes its raining all the time so its cool. 

I'm in a branch, and Manizales is a district not a stake.

Elder Cruz is super cool and nice, we work together and plan together really well, he likes English and funny memes, 

Theres a road  by us with 9 cats.

We live alone and there are only 2 missionaries for the branch.

The house is good, better than the old one in Pereira.

No fans and kinda hot but its okay, we might move houses soon to a 6th floor apartment.

Our neighbors have no problems with us, never seen or heard them.

Prostitutes all day every day.

Witches not a lot.

Not a lot of good places to eat. a wing place, but that's it. 

Yasmin didn't get baptized and idk why. Her, Juan, and Camilla have a baptismal date for the 29th, Idk why. 

We can't see the volcano from here. But from the zone leaders house in Manizales we can see the volcano.

Lol classic Madi.

Thanks for the pics haha.

I never went to the museum place no.

4 pairs of garments would be nice just to keep replacing old ones.

I haven't got any packages in a while.

I can't think of anything lol.
  
We're just gonna go eat I think rn and go get our haircuts. it's like Lorica here there isn't much to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment