Monday, October 3, 2016

Pereira, A Whole New Wooooooooooooorld, Week 47

Transfer calls came in and I am currently in the city of Chinchiná with Elder Cruz who finishes the mission in 6 weeks

Chinchina is famous for its prostitution and witches from what I have heard. 


Of course I enjoyed conference (watching it in English with the other Gringos in Pereira) and it was good to have Yasmin and her family come with us both days to the Stake Center. She should be getting baptized this Saturday. I´m sad that I got transferred, but I feel good about the way that I left my area for other missionaries. 

It was an interesting trip to get here to my new area. I basically got off the bus and no one was waiting for me. We normally take buses alone here if we have to for the transfers. I had no phone and had no idea where I was. It was an interesting 3 hour trip  that would have taken 1 hour. 

I don't have my conference notes here with me rn, but I remember enjoying President Uchtdorf´s talk about the Plan of Salvation. It really is amazing. 

Our neighbors have a cat and last night the cat decided to come into our house. 

We learned how to play an Argentinian card game this week called Truco which basically consists of throwing cards and screaming, like most card games, like Yugioh. 

Love you homies lot, thanks for the love and support 🚃

1. Juan Pablo and me (He cried when I left :((((((() (Yasmin´s son)
2. The District

To Mom:

Ya I left Pereira which is sad. Yasmin should be getting baptized this Saturday. I'm gonna ask permission to go to it since I'm only a 40 minute bus ride away. 

Chinchina is not the best place. Its well knows for its prostitutes and witchery. 

I traveled alone last night to Chinchina without a companion and it was nuts. They dropped me off at a gas station and I had to get in a guys truck for him to take me to Chinchina. Then I got there and nobody was waiting for me... So I had to call someone to ask what was up. But I didn't have the number of any missionaries. So I called the Relief Society Pres from Pereira and she gave me Elder Bagley's number. I didn't know where I was but he told me to go wait in front of a supermarket. A member showed up and took me to the terminal of Chinchina to go to Manizales. I got there finally where the missionaries were waiting for me. lol all with my three suitcases. pretty sketch. Chinchina at night is a scary place.

To Dad:

Colombia's pretty cool. The church is just really small. I was talking to Tyson and mom about how its because of the war and how we can't enter half of the cities in our mission because of the war. I found a lot of comfort in Eyring's talk because he talked about how much the US has grown. I really do love Colombia even if their food is gross and their people are mean. The church will be strong here some day. 

Love you lots have a good week!

To Mom:

Hey I didn't write much so I'm back on for a sec. 

I'm all good. We got to Chinchina all good. It's like 40 minutes from Manizales. Basically half way between Pereira and Manizales. Things are good. My comp is super cool. He's from Mexico and was in the office when I got to the mission.

Here are 2 pictures of SMALL DOORS! lol Colombia is weird. Or maybe I'm tall. Things were good with conference. Glad you had a good week, Thanks for the update! I hope you have a REALLY HAPPY B DAY ON FRIDAY!! Love you so much mom you're the bestest! 

To Grandma:

We watch conference in the stake centers. It's really cool. But the gringos always watch conference in the clerk's office on his computer in English. It's fun. 

The talks are mostly translated to Spanish before hand, but the apostles and prophet can change it according to the spirit so those ones are translated. But even those ones they give a script of what they will say to the translators before hand. It's really well done. 

I liked all the talks about missionary work haha.

I'm about 40 minutes from Pereira rn in Chinchina.

Salento was about an hour and a half away towards the south. not too far. 

We eat Domino's a lot. I can't remember what pizza I said I ate in my letter haha so I honestly don't remember! 

Love you lots!

Juan Pablo and me (He cried when I left :((((((() (Yasmin´s son)

The District







No comments:

Post a Comment