Monday, March 7, 2016

Lorica, Life in a Tropical Wasteland Week 17

RIP in peace Elder Bigelow. He is getting transferred to the coldest city, Manizales, in the mission and I am staying in the hottest one. My new comp will be another Gringo (Something that no one in the branch will be excited about) from Florida!

The most popular haircut here for old ladies is "The Bruno Mars", their skin color is coincidentally the same as Bruno Mars' as well making me do usually 3 double takes per day. HOLY MOLY IS THAT BRUNO MARS never mind its a little old lady. I'll try to get a pic/autograph soon tho. 

People's opinion of me is 100% based off of whether I eat all their food. It's rather silly. No one here can fathom how its possible that I can't loooove Colombian food. Except for the like 3 return missionaries who know how much it sucks to be surprised with something weird. Since they eat garbage all day every day they have no idea why I can't love it. Their food is brainwashing them. And then if I tell them, hey I don't like beans, can you not give me beans, they get offended. They tell me, how can you know if you don't like these beans, you've never tried this secret blend of herbs and spices. So I go fine, try them, almost throw up, and then offend them even more and say, sorry, I don't like your cooking either. Its a lose/lose all the time. 

Bigelow and I went exploring on Tuesday which was pretty neat. We found a cool farm with baby cows and horses and it was suuper pretty.

I wish I had more to say, but it was a pretty normal week here! We had some exchanges we went on, found some new homies, taught some homies, all good stuff. 

Hope you all have a good week! 

If you look past the garbage and humidity, Lorica is pretty pretty. Featuring Explorer Elder Dawson. 

When you're in a taxi and the driver puts on the Colombian National Anthem...


No comments:

Post a Comment