Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Robledo, Medellin, Life in a Beautiful Place Week 26

Wassup homies, hope everyone had a good week and all the mothers got spoiled and all that jazz. My Mom got to talk to ME on Mothers Day so of course she got spoiled. But for reals it was great to talk to my mom and brother about dank memes. My bro will actually be home in 3 months so it was the last time I got to talk to him while he's not with my family. It also feels weird that I have 6 months in the mission and only 2 calls left :/


My companion Elder Welling lost about 100 pounds when he was in the coast of Colombia and got sick, but his clothes are still the same size and everyone comments about how big they are lol. Kinda frustrating for me but whatevs. 

All day yesterday we had a capication with the President of the Mission which was awesome! For that reason I couldn't email yesterday, sorry that you all missed me SO MUCH! I learned a lot and got to see some old homies. Me and Bigelow were reunited after 9 weeks of not seeing each other. My reaction: "Is this how God and Jesus felt after not seeing each other for so long?!"

This week was a slow one for sure. We have been working a lot without much success. 

Something fun that happened this week was a weekly missionary activity that we have on Wednesday nights! People from the ward and investigators come to hear a spiritual message, and play some games. I gave a spiritual message this week about the importance of mothers and used the example of the Army of Helaman. Verses 47 and 48 of Alma 56 read:

 47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.
Verses 55 and 56 go on to explain what these brave young men did because of the things their mothers had taught them:
55 And now it came to pass that when they had surrendered themselves up unto us, behold, I numbered those young men who had fought with me, fearing lest there were many of them slain.
56 But behold, to my great joy, there had not one soul of them fallen to the earth; yea, and they had fought as if with the strength of God; yea, never were men known to have fought with such miraculous strength;
I love mothers, they're pretty great. 
Picture 1: My trainer Elder Bigelow and all of his children. Left to right, me, Bigelow, Wadley, and Fajardo.
Picture 2: Me on the roof in a sweater cus its cold


My trainer Elder Bigelow and all of his children. Left to right, me, Bigelow, Wadley, and Fajardo.

Me on the roof in a sweater cus its cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment