Monday, May 30, 2016

Robledo, Medellin, Life in a Beautiful Place Week 29

Wassup peeps, this week was a slow but good one. We got the news last night, on my birthday, that the area I am in right now will be being closed which means that my companion and I are both leaving and no new missionaries will be coming in to replace us. As much as I love being in Medellin, these last 6 weeks have been very hard. We have not had success in anything here. The area has never been a very good one even for the most adept missionaries so it's finally being shut down. 

My new area will be in Pereira, a city about 4 hours away. Idk who my new companion will be but I think his name sounded Latino, let's hope. 

I learned a lot here in Robledo. I learned how to deal with failure. I had a lot of success working with the youth of the ward and animating them, but in terms of investigators, nothing. I'm glad for the opportunity that God gave me to come to this area. I know that God gives us the things that we need to improve. 

I played soccer today with the 10 other homies in my zone and it was the first game of soccer I've played on the mission! Now that I think about it the last time I played a soccer game was when I was like 10 and I had a Mexican coach who always told us,"I wanna weeeeen!" During the soccer game I realized that my spanish vocabulary isn't too good in terms of soccer. I felt completely lost and was basically just a 1 man team. I felt like I was Piglet playing for Team Liquid at the beginning of Spring 2015. Including the part where I'm a world champion. There's a nerd reference that like 2 of you will understand lel. 

I know this Church is true. I don't bear my testimony a lot in my letters, but I feel like it's something I need to do from time to time. I know that the church has been restored in these days through a prophet. I know the Book of Mormon is  I can't deny the feeling that I've had on my mission regarding these two things. I know that the family is ordained of God and that we can receive salvation through accepting the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Like I said, this area has been hard on me. At times I've been frustrated, done, and tempted, but I can never deny that this church is true. It's pretty great. 

Love you all, thanks for all the bday letters :)

Pictures will never load on this computer rip, sorry to everyone who misses my cute face

No comments:

Post a Comment