Monday, May 16, 2016

Robledo, Medellin, Life in a Beautiful Place Week 27

Wassup homies, hope you're all doing good in the hood as always. Short letter cus ya.
Another young woman I taught in Lorica, Laura, the one who drew the picture of me, got baptized this week! 
The fashion here in Medellin is shirts showing off your belly.
I took the Medellin Metro for the first time today which was pretty neat! Basically you can go anywhere in Medellin for 75 cents on a tram or skii lift.
The food here is actually not as good as it was in Lorica! Mostly becasue there are SO MANY soups. Elder Welling likes soups though so he gladly eats mine. 
Spiritual message this week is about Alma the Younger. Most people know the story of him. Step 1: Be a r00d d00d. Step 2: See an Angel. Step 3: ??? Step 4: Prophet. 
Alma 36 reads:
For I went about with the sons of Mosiah, seeking toadestroy the church of God; but behold, God sent his holy angel to stop us by the way.
 And behold, he spake unto us, as it were the voice of thunder, and the whole earth did atremble beneath our feet; and we all fell to the earth, for the bfear of the Lord came upon us.
 But behold, the voice said unto me: Arise. And I arose and stood up, and beheld the angel.
And he said unto me: If thou wilt of thyself be destroyed, seek no more to destroy the church of God.
My questions to you is, what have been your Angels in your life to help you become a better person? If you haven't had any metaphorical Angels in your life, I can testify that they are real, that they will come to us when we need them. I love you all and hope that we can all continue to find Angels to grow our testimonies even more.
Picture 1: A normal selfie with the grave of Pablo Escobar. Just normal stuff.
Pic2: Some homies 

A normal selfie with the grave of Pablo Escobar. Just normal stuff.

Some homies

No comments:

Post a Comment