Monday, June 6, 2016

Pereira, Life White Week 30

Ya, I´m actually renouncing my US citizenship after you guys got dumpstered 2-0 by our clearly superior Colombian Soccer team...

In other news, I´m now in Pereira which is a word that can´t be said if you don't know anything about Spanish. I'm doing awesome here! My companion is Elder Gallardo from  Chile and he pronounces his name like Gashardo which is neat-o. He's teaching me lots about Spanish and how to use dank memes. We are really similar tho! We're both 19, have 7 months in the mission, got dumpstered by girls at the beginning of our missions, etc. 
I live with another gringo, Elder Hanson and a Mexican, Elder Gaona. We all get along great which is something I've never experienced in my mission. Elder Gaona is from the south part of Mexico and says he doesn't like Guatemalans because they all come into Mexico illegally, lol sorry Tyson.

The area I'm in in Pereira has TONS of work which is way different than my last area. The ward is lots of old people which will be good for me since I never talk to old people cus I never understand them, but now I have to! 
Pereira is in what's called the ¨Eje Cafetero¨ where all of the coffee in Colombia is grown. Everyone here loves coffee.

We have a recent convert here who is like 80 and calls me and my comp, Chileno and Gringo, since she can´t remember our names. Shes a good 4 foot 6 and talks like she has a beak. She is a great gal.
This week we talked to a man in the street who called himself ¨Luis Khalifa¨. He was a cool guy. He talked to us for 30 minutes about how much he loves Pereira because the cops don't do anything to people who smoke weed. We set up an appointment to teach him this week! When we parted ways he drank water out of the sewer.


Hope you guys have a good week! Love you all 🐢

No comments:

Post a Comment